On April 26 and 27, Vox held its second Vox Conversations conference to assess what has changed, what hasn’t, and what comes next with a new administration in the White House. You are now invited to apply now for the fall session on October 4 and 5, 2017.
Vox Conversations is an invitation-only event that assembles a diverse group of people from different areas of expertise, then provides an intimate setting to facilitate deeply engaging conversations in unconference sessions.
Rather than dictate a strict agenda, this “unconference” series lets the conversation emerge organically. The sessions are chosen, in real time, by participants based on their individual expertise and interests, because the best conversations are the ones people are passionate about having. And in Spring 2017, we had some passionate, wonky, and philosophical conversations. The unconference sessions were bookended with in-depth interviews and presentations from leading policy voices (see videos below):
- In-depth interviews with key political leaders including US Senators Cory Booker, Bill Cassidy and Sheldon Whitehouse
- A focus on bipartisan representation, featuring leading conservative voices, including: American Enterprise Institute President Arthur Brooks, 2016 independent Presidential candidate Evan McMullin, and Heritage Foundation Vice President James Wallner
- Live taping of Vox podcast favorites including The Weeds and The Ezra Klein Show
Some of the unconference sessions that arose organically from participant conversations included:
- Innovative approaches to the public health crisis surrounding opioid abuse, including Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) and a focus on pain relief
- What should Mark Zuckerberg do? How “fake news” and engagement algorithms are determining covering policy in an “alternative facts” era
- A deep dive into the declining labor participation rate, what we know from work survey data, the role of the gig economy, and how America compares to other OECD countries
- The future of immigration policy and its impact on America’s labor market and global standing
What participants are saying about Vox Conversations:
“The pure intellect in the room. I loved the openness of the conversation supported by evidence. There was a true sense of wanting to bring change on a variety of issues and actively seeking if was to build consensus on how to move the agenda forward” — Spring 2017 Participant
“I LOVED the other participants and featured participants, and everyone’s willingness to talk to each other, and to dive right into meaty conversations – in the sessions, during breaks, and during meals after.” — Spring 2017 Participant
Apply now for Vox Conversations Fall 2017 and receive access to:
- A diverse group in an intimate setting where debates can unfold with their own momentum
- Valuable connections with key players from a variety of sectors and industries
- A cross-sector examination of how policy priorities affect key stakeholders
- Original programming, including live recordings of Vox.com podcasts
- Meet-and-greet time with your favorite Vox.com writers
For speaker inquires, please send a pitch in 100 words or less to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Vox Media LIVE! programming team reviews submissions on an ongoing basis.
Watch the Vox Conversations Spring 2017 Facebook Live videos here.
Vox Media LIVE! creates memorable partner experiences that promote smart thought leadership and meaningful brand integrations. Through compelling content, meaningful discussion, collaboration, and networking, Vox Conversations brings together a high-profile group of attendees, speakers and press. And our sponsors have access to all of them!
We can work with you to identify the right sponsorship opportunity for you.